The Professional Division of Spherion Mid Ohio is partnered with a reputable Mansfield, Ohio manufacturing facility seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team! Work primarily from home with a convenient HYBRID schedule. Salary offered up to $60K annually.
**This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity, NEVER go through a temp-to-hire process. If selected, DAY ONE you are this organizations employee!**
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing general bookkeeping, cost accounting, maintaining financial reports, and executing and analyzing monthly controls for the business unit. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are essential.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes
- Complete monthly account reconciliations (Entire balance sheet is reconciled monthly)
- Ensures all supporting financial documents are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Performs Cost Accounting functions such as reconciling inventory, recording journal entries for inventory, analyzing standard costs, and analyzing excess and obsolete inventory
- Manages our intercompany accounting process
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Supports accounts payable and accounts receivables personnel to ensure accuracy and timeliness of vendor payments and customer collections
- Prepare documentation for internal and external auditors
- Responsible for the record retention of internal controls, monitoring compliance, and for maintenance of adequate documentation.
- Maintains a complete audit trail to document month-end and quarter-end controls
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Two to five years of progressive accounting & finance responsibilities (manufacturing environment preferred).
- Experience in performing, reviewing, and analyzing accounting and financial reporting requirements.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively in a team environment within and outside of the Accounting Department.
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to research and apply accounting pronouncements as appropriate.
- Advanced PC/ERP skills with strong proficiency in excel.
- Consistently operates at the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise the team's ethical standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds as needed.