Spherion Mid Ohio is looking to hire a Recruiting and Staffing Specialist to join our internal team for Richland County, Ohio. This position is accountable for ensuring the availability of qualified, flexible employees through the appropriate recruiting and skill matching to achieve total client satisfaction. This position is also responsible for telecommunications, business development, managing flexible employees, and imposing discipline as appropriate. Provides administrative/analytical support; specific operations; project-driven; exhibits some technical skills; provide some leadership and development of others.
About Spherion Mid Ohio:
Established in 1990, Spherion Mid Ohio serves the recruiting and staffing needs of the Mid Ohio Area, covering Richland, Ashland, Crawford, Wayne, Huron, Knox, Marion, Erie, and Morrow Counties. Our company is under 50 internal employees, and we truly are a family! Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years.
The Spherion Difference:
Spherion Mid Ohio is committed to leading the recruiting and staffing industry in delivering service excellence to the candidates, clients, and customer enterprises that place their trust in us. Service excellence leadership is the responsibility of each and every Spherion associate. We measure and continuously improve our performance through our commitment to partnership, respect, customer focus, and ensuring results.
Purpose of the Role:
- Maintain communication/public relations with established clients to ensure successful business development, build business relationships within the client site, and promote client and employee retention
- Determine client needs and place appropriately skilled employees on assignments
- Follows all operating policies and all organizational policies
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to help guide team/peers toward company goals and objectives
- Conduct flexible employee orientation and participate in ongoing training, as well as motivate the team to achieve performance and production goals
- Recruit, interview, evaluate and make hiring decisions for flexible employees
- Counsel flexible employees on company policies and procedures and take corrective actions when necessary; recommend and/or make the final decision as to the termination/discharge of flexible employees
- Maintain a high level of service excellence, respect, and a positive attitude when working with peers, flexible employees, and clients
- Some Human Resources or Hiring Manager experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate with a lack of privacy in client surroundings
- Ability to create and work outside a structured environment
- Ability to understand financial concepts
- Creative and business writing skills