Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is seeking a Warehouse Operations Coordinator to manage time-sensitive supply chain communication among multiple departments and parties. This is a contract position that could offer potential permanent hire for the right candidate. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a Fortune 500 organization.
The Coordinator will oversee and respond to urgent supply chain communication regarding shipments, order management, and shipment discrepancies. The Coordinator will learn and navigate multiple computer systems to obtain and share information to internal and external parties.
- Own the centralized Warehouse Operations email inbox and all accompanying communication with Customer Service, Corporate Transportation, Supply Planning, and 3rd party personnel
- Responsible for all system-related order management activities required to ensure the accurate and timely shipment of orders
- Resolve all daily shipment discrepancies
- Provide backup and support for other Warehouse Operations team members during absences and vacations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Customer Service, Corporate Transportation, Supply Planning, and 3rd party personnel
- Data entry
- Bachelor's degree required
- 0-2 years of experience required, ideally in a supply chain operations role. Warehousing background is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple computer systems and platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment and perform time-sensitive tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand the Order to Cash process and its impacts on the Warehouse Operations team
- Ability to understand system processing and EDI transactions
- Excel skills – ability to manipulate data using standard formulas and functionality (pivot tables, etc)
- Problem solving skills
- Strong collaborator; ability and desire to be a team contributor
Bachelor's degree required
Pay: $20/hour (approximately $41,600 annually)
Schedule/Location: This position offers full time hours (40 hrs/week), Monday – Friday, daytime office hours. This position offers a hybrid work schedule. You will have the opportunity to work a combination of days remotely and in the office at the Smucker Orrville campus (most likely 75% remote, 25% in the office).
Apply now to learn more about Spherion's unique, career building opportunities with The JM Smucker Company. There is opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate.