Spherion Staffing Ocala is currently seeking a Tax Staff Accountant. This is a direct hire opportunity, starting between $55,000-75,000/year depending on experience (This would be paid out in an hourly rate and will be eligible for Overtime). This position is Monday to Friday with an expected 40 hour per week schedule.
- Learns the various software programs essential to the Tax Department
- Learns office etiquette and professionalism
- Learns the Firm's policies and procedures
- Develops efficient work habits (accuracy, timeliness, and organization)
- Completes tasks including tax return preparation, tax research, tax planning, and tax projections
- Client contact increases as experience is gained and knowledge increases
- Begins to train other tax staff prior to advancement
- Begins to invoice clients for work performed
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Various Shifts Available)
- 1+ years experience (preferred)
- CPA (or working towards CPA)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Hardworking and positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Adaptable, assertive, and takes initiative
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Desire to grow
Call and talk to a recruiter at Spherion today - 352-622-5273
Please visit https://www.spherion.com/jobs/florida/ocala/ to see all our open positions!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.