We have an urgent need for a Technical Writer to work in a fast paced and challenging environment engaged in the design of tactical unmanned air systems. Collaborating as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary engineering team, the primary responsibilities include writing, editing, and publishing technical documents supporting current and future drone technology and its associated support equipment, and operations.
This is a full time, site based Contract role with a high potential of permanent placement (performance based) located in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area. Flexible work schedule: 4x10 hour days (Mon-Thu), with flexible start times (must be present from 9a-3p; come in earlier or stay later to work 10 hours per day). Due to industry requirements, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification.
- Write concisely and clearly, rewrite, edit, and manage various types of technical documentation while working with engineering and management staff to support the program.
- Liaise with the engineering teams to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Participate in prototyping, building, and testing of mechanical designs.
- Participate in issue resolution and develop solutions to technical problems of varying complexity while assuring sound technical content and timely closure.
- Develop, review, and maintain engineering documents, specifications, and technical analyses necessary to support product build and testing activities.
- Plan, draft, revise, and copy edit technical documents and presentations for the engineering and test departments.
- 3+ years professional Technical writing skills, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Have strong writing, and editing skills, and experience in manipulating grammar
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office products
- Experience with OSHA regulations and the federal government’s safety Instructions
- Contribute to the development of technical procedure manuals, user manuals, system limitations, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation is authored and technical authoring adheres to processes required by the project.
- Ability to handle sensitive material in compliance with all internal and external requirements
Call to Action:
Come join a small and highly specialized multi-disciplinary engineering team with mechanical, electrical, software and systems expertise. The Technical Writer plays an integral part in expanding the existing portfolio of platforms and programs, as well as developing new products in support of future drone technology. Enjoy the flexibility of having long weekends every week by working a 4x10 schedule Monday-Thursday and become an influencer in the future of drone technology!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected status.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.