Test Automation Engineer will be a part of the Digital Technology Team. QA Engineer will be responsible to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests , debugging and defining corrective actions to ensure the quality of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites to minimize regressive behavior
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved.
- Test features and functions at user interfaces (UI) for validation against backend systems and/or databases to identify anomalies.
- Identify test data in multiple databases by writing complex queries (MSSQL, PLSQL, DB2,NOSQL) to retrieve data and verify results.
- Perform system testing, regression testing, negative testing, component level testing, boundary testing, and smoke testing.
- Understands Test Automation Architecture (one with experience building automation frameworks from ground up is highly preferred).
- Working knowledge of automation frameworks and test automation tools like Appium, Selenium Web driver, Xcode, Android Studio etc., as well as hands-on experience using them.
- Hands-on experience writing automation scripts for mobile-iOS and Android using Appium.
- Having experience with Android Devise testing and being proficient with ADB commands.
- Using JMeter and Selenium Web Driver 3.0 using C#/Java to automate and load test applications.
- Experience writing test cases, testing, and automating the backend APIs (RESTful APIs and Postman).
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud computing and APIs.
- Experience with relational databases and no SQL for performing backend testing.
- Experience in AWS (Lambda, Step functions and cloud watch).
- Comprehensive understanding of testing tools, ability to integrate test automation into existing CI/CD pipelines with GIT/branches/merges, build systems, and a version control system.
- Having knowledge of proxy debugging tools such as Charles or developer tools, etc.
- Wears Multiple hats and when needed is willing to do Manual testing as well Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience and proficiency in using JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Critical thinker, problem-solving skills and Team player.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with Test lead, Developers and Product Owners.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.