Employees process orders and move boxes of files, books, binders, backup tapes and other materials. The work is very physical requiring the manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting. Employees must be able to lift and carry boxes ranging in weight from 10-50lbs on a regular basis, without assistance. Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
- Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
- Read and write English
- Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
- Use the proprietary computer system to track orders and determine the location of boxes
- Operate hand held scanner
- Climb and balance on ladders
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 100 lbs. without assistance for prolonged periods
- Employee must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
- Load and shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
- Load boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
No Degree Required
Able to lift up to 50 lbs throughout the shift
Able to perform the duties outlined in responsibilities
Immediate openings in Bham
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.