Spherion is hiring for a Welder/ Fabricator in Avilla, IN.
Pay is $18 - 19/HR
Shift is Monday - Friday 7AM - 4PM.
Responsible for the daily welding and fabrication operation. Position includes welding and fabricating a variety of metals to our customers' specifications. Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications and using jigs, welding torches and hand tools.
- Maintain a safe work environment in your area.
- Ensure that you are wearing the proper PPE, the equipment in your area.
- Notify safety coordinator or Shop Superintendent of any unsafe equipment or practices.
- Work in compliance with OSHA safety rules and Wirco, Inc. Safety Policies.
- Keep your area clean and organized.
- Understand various metal alloys used for various customer requirements.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or round positions
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
- Examine work pieces for defects, and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, andrulers.
- Report all non-conforming material to the supervisor, immediately.
- Ensure work is understood prior to commencing.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to print specifications.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing / welding issues.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues. Perform basic dimensional measuring using measurement tools.
- Learn to look beyond the current job and tie into next job for efficiency.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 50 pounds without physical restrictions
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 10 hours per day.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Three (3) year experience welding and fabricating. Possessing a solid understanding of welding equipment and welding accessories
- Swing sledge hammer to straighten liners and baskets, as required
- Continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body.
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness and sense of balance
Apply Today! Once you apply, call or text 260-496-9900 to get started.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.