Spherion Legal Center
Find detailed information about the terms and conditions of using our website and services here.
Spherion.com Terms and Conditions
These “Terms and Conditions” govern your use of the Spherion Web site known as “the Site”. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
By using this Site, You are indicating Your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You are advised to check this Terms and Conditions page periodically to review changes that could be made at any time, because these changes are binding on You. Spherion may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion by updating this posting. The terms “You”, “Your” and “User” as used herein refer to all persons and/or entities using this Site for any reason. The term “Spherion” means Spherion Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and licensees.
Scope of Permitted Site Use
1. You may refer to the URL of this Site without limitation, but You may not link to this Site without the prior written approval of Spherion.
2. You may not use the Site in order to transmit, distribute, erase or store material: (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation; (b) in a manner that will infringe the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others; or (c) that is harmful, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing or otherwise objectionable in the opinion of Spherion.
3. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation: (a) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (b) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access; (c) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting; (d) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus or corrupted data to the Site, overloading, continuous posting of repetitive text, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or (e) sending unsolicited e-mail, “junk mail”, “chain letters”, including promotional materials and/or advertising of products or services, or any other form of solicitation. Violations of system and network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
Specific Prohibited Uses
The Site may only be used for lawful purposes. Spherion specifically prohibits any use of the Site, and all Users agree not to use the Site, for any of the following:
• Posting any incomplete, false, inaccurate or misleading biographical information or information which is not Your own accurate resume. Recruiters representing candidates may not send that candidate’s resume in response to a job posting.
• Deleting or changing another persons’ information posted on the Site.
• Posting or transmitting any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other material that may invade another’s privacy or publicity rights or is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in the opinion of Spherion.
• Posting a sexually–explicit image or statement.
• Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site.
• Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site’s infrastructure.
• Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engine and search agents available from Spherion on this Site and other than generally available third-party Web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer).
• Other than as permitted expressly by these Terms and Conditions, copying or duplicating any of the materials or information available from the Site.
• Other than as permitted expressly by these Terms and Conditions, framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the Site.
Feedback and Information
Any feedback that You provide at this Site, including but not limited to, electronic and written correspondence, shall be deemed to be non-confidential and can be used by Spherion without limitation.
By using this Site, You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Spherion from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from Your use of this Site, unless such claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses arise from and have directly and solely been caused by the gross negligence or intentionally wrongful acts of Spherion.
1. Your use of this Site is free of charge. Therefore this Site and all information within it are provided on an “as is” basis and Spherion makes and gives no conditions, representations, warranties, or other terms regarding the effectiveness this Site or the Material in meeting Your employment objectives.
2. All conditions, warranties, undertakings, representations and other terms of any kind whatsoever, express or implied (whether by statute, common law or otherwise), in respect of the Site or the Material or in connection with them are hereby excluded by Spherion to the fullest extent permitted by law and Spherion shall have no obligation, duty or liability whatsoever to You.
3. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, to the fullest extent permitted by law Spherion specifically disclaims and excludes all warranties or conditions implied by law or statute concerning satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose and reasonable skill and care.
4. Spherion does not guarantee that any employer or client will ask for Your resume, ask to interview You or hire You.
5. Spherion does not guarantee to any employer or client the availability of resumes or candidates, or that any candidate will meet Your needs.
6. Spherion uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the information found on this Site. However, the accuracy of information supplied by candidates, employers and other users is not within the control of Spherion, and Spherion does not certify that it has verified any information in any job listing, resume, file or other posting entered into the Spherion database or available on this Site.
7. Further, Spherion does not assume liability for any errors or omissions in the content on this Site or any third party site, including, but not limited to, typographical errors, inaccuracies, outdated information, or broken links.
8. Spherion expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the information found on this Site.
9. You acknowledge that in any computer system and any network of computer systems there is certain to be “downtime” due to mechanical, telecommunication, software, hardware and third-party vendor failures during which Spherion will be unable to provide this Site to You. Spherion cannot predict or control when such “downtime” may occur and cannot control the duration of such “downtime.”
10. Spherion uses this Site to provide the access, computer services and connections that link the Spherion database to the Internet and other network systems. Spherion has authority or control only over the operation of this Site. Nevertheless, You understand and agree that the Internet is inherently unreliable and subject to breaches of security. Therefore, Spherion cannot be responsible for the integrity of any information, file or other posting available on or sent to this Site.
11. Spherion has no authority or control over the content, operation or performance of any portion of the Internet including other Web sites to which this Site may be linked or from which this Site may be accessed. A link to a Web site not owned or operated by Spherion does not mean that Spherion endorses or accepts responsibility for the content or use of such Site and such link is being provided to You merely as a convenience. Reference to any product, process, publication, service or offering of any third party by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by Spherion.
12. The views and opinions of employers, candidates and other users of this Site do not necessarily state or reflect those of Spherion.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL SPHERION BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SPHERION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN SPHERION’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $25.00.
Proprietary Information (Trademarks and Service Marks)
1. Certain portions of this Site contain information that is considered confidential and proprietary. This information is not available to the general public. Any attempt to access this information will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible under local, state, national and international law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of Spherion or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
Spherion, through its subsidiaries, maintains a number of trademarks, trade names and service marks in the United States and certain other countries, including, but not limited to, SPHERION®, the Spherion logo, MERGIS®, THE MERGIS GROUP℠, YOUR BRIDGE FOR THE BEST HIRE℠, ON-PREMISE®.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a safe harbor for forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of Spherion. This Site may from time to time contain “forward-looking” statements regarding the future financial performance of Spherion or other future events. These statements are based on certain assumptions and analysis made by Spherion in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors Spherion believes are important under the circumstances. Such statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. Among others, factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the beliefs or expectations of Spherion are: industry trends and trends in the general economy, competitive factors in the markets in which Spherion operates, changes in regulatory requirements which are applicable to Spherion’s business, acquisitions and additional factors discussed in the Spherion filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company’s performance may differ materially from any projections contained in this Site.
1. Spherion makes no claims that the Materials may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If You access the Site from outside of the United States, You do so at Your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your jurisdiction.
2. These Terms and Conditions and use of the Site are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Florida, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under Your use of this Site shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
4. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
5. No changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.
Data Protection Notice
Learn what we do for you in specific situations to ensure your privacy.
We provide staffing services to clients and job services to candidates seeking current or future job opportunities. We collect personal information to help connect candidates with jobs at Spherion and Spherion clients. We will process your personal information in accordance with this data protection notice (such personal information sometimes also referred to as “data”). For greater clarity, processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on your personal information, such as collection, storage, adaptation, disclosure, restriction, deletion or destruction, among others (collectively referred to as “processing” or “process”).
Except as otherwise set out below, we are the Controller of personal information (“Controller” within the meaning of applicable data protection legislation). For greater clarity, a Controller decides why and how personal information is processed and is responsible for ensuring that all data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. As the Controller, we will, alone or jointly with others, determine the purposes and means of processing your personal data.
For the efficient operation and management of our business, we may jointly define the purposes and means of processing personal information with Randstad Group Companies (in which case the Randstad Group Companies may be defined as “joint controllers”). Examples of joint processing activities include, but are not limited to, those related to managing our Misconduct Reporting Procedure and Economic Sanctions checks. Please contact us (see the section “Contact us” below) if you want to know more and/or exercise your data protection rights regarding any jointly-controlled processing of your personal data.
Our use of innovative HR technologies for talent matching and services
We use innovative HR technologies that help us digitize and enhance a variety of recruitment-related processes. Some of these technologies use artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning techniques.
For example, we use chatbots to improve your candidate experience. Chatbots give you the opportunity to answer questions based on the requirements of the job you apply for. This is a user-friendly way to:
- provide us with relevant information that may not be readily apparent from your application, profile or resume.
- know promptly whether your skills meet a job’s essential requirements and, if not, to easily explore other jobs or to identify gaps in their skillset.
- answer at any moment convenient to the user.
As part of the larger recruitment process, HR technologies allow us to connect candidates more quickly to our consultants. This, in turn, allows our consultants to better support candidates in exploring jobs and to deliver the right candidates more quickly to our clients. HR technologies also allow our consultants to find people based not only on the jobs they qualify for but also on the basis of jobs they are interested in.
Improving the client experience
HR technologies help us to search through a broader and more diverse set of candidates so that we become even better at finding the best talent with the most relevant skill-set for our clients.
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique "web beacon pixel" to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails, wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
Responsible use of HR technologies
Randstad is committed to the ethical and responsible use of innovative HR technologies (you can read our AI principles here).
We strive to involve human beings whenever we make decisions that significantly impact you. If, in exceptional cases, we were to make such decisions based on a fully automated process (i.e., without involvement of humans), we will only do so where that is permitted by law and after having notified you.
To ensure all candidates are treated fairly we take steps to avoid bias where we use HR technologies. For example:
- We regularly test the output created by these technologies to identify potential bias.
- We regularly obtain expert advice to continuously improve the way in which we identify and remove bias.
- Both our consultants and our search and match algorithms are thoroughly trained and always work together.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your personal information:
- with other entities of the Randstad group of companies for the purposes of efficient management of business, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and to provide our services to you and to our clients. For an overview of these entities, click here.
- with Spherion clients for the purpose of recruitment and provision of temporary work.
- with third parties providing HR-related services we use (e.g,. payroll service providers).
- with third-party providers of IT-related services (e.g., IT-infrastructure, software, and databases).
- with third parties providers of marketing-related services (e.g., software, databases, list providers and aggregators, event organization).
- with providers of professional services (e.g., to our auditors, our tax advisors, our legal advisors).
- with banks and insurers (e.g., in order to pay the salaries of our temporary workers we share some of their personal data with our bank).
- with pension funds.
- with public authorities (e.g., pursuant to applicable law Randstad must disclose personal data to the social security authorities and to tax authorities).
- with law enforcement authorities, courts and regulatory authorities (e.g., as part of a criminal investigation).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if all or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal information that we hold about you may be one of the transferred assets.
When we share your personal information as described above, such personal information may be transferred outside of the United States. In that event, we will only do so in line with applicable law, and we will require that there is an adequate level of protection for your personal data, and that appropriate security measures are in place.
How We Will Protect Your Data
We have technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, destructed, disclosed or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your personal information are governed by Randstad's rules for information and IT security, data protection and other internal policies and guidelines.
While we have measures in place to protect your personal information, it is important for you to understand that 100% security cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, we have procedures in place to deal with data security incidents and to comply with legal requirements applicable to the detection, handling and notification of personal information breaches.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
You have the right to know whether Randstad has collected personal information from you. You may request that Randstad tell you:
- the categories or specific pieces of personal information that Randstad has collected about you;
- the categories of sources where Randstad obtained personal information about you;
- the business purposes for which Randstad collects your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with which Randstad shares personal information
You can make 2 such access requests every 12 months.
You have the right to request that Randstad delete or correct any of your personal information that Randstad has collected from you, with certain exceptions. We may refuse your request if we are required by law to keep the information, or if the law otherwise permits us to keep information. If we deny a request, we will tell you why the request was denied.
To exercise your right to access or delete or correct personal data, complete the form available at this link: https://www.spherion.com/privacy-request/.
Before we grant you access to or deletion of your personal information, we must verify your identity. To do this, we will ask you to confirm information we have previously collected about you. If we ask you to verify your identity, and you do not promptly cooperate, we may be unable to fulfill your request. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to fulfill your request within 45 days, however if we need additional time we may notify you during the initial 45-day period that we will extend the time frame up to an additional 45 days.
Spherion's services are only available to individuals over the age of 18. Spherion is not intended for and does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we believe you are under 18, we may delete your information at any time without notice to you. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, you may use the “contact us” information below to exercise your rights as a parent or guardian.
Changes to This Data Protection Notice
If you have any questions about this policy or any privacy concerns, or would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at https://www.spherion.com/privacy-request/ or
Spherion Privacy Office
Randstad North America, Inc.
One Overton Park
3625 Cumberland Blvd SE
This statement was updated on September 13, 2022
Anti-Harassment Reporting Policy
Click on the links below to learn about Spherion's workplace harassment policies as well as state-specific materials for mandated harassment training. Because Spherion is a subsidiary of Randstad, the world's largest HR and recruitment services company, these documents are provided by Randstad.
Randstad's US Workplace Harassment Policy / Protection Against Retaliation / Reporting of Complaints (English)
Randstad's US Workplace Harassment Policy / Protection Against Retaliation / Reporting of Complaints (Spanish)
Spherion has adopted SMS (Short Message Service) Terms and Conditions that apply when you opt-in to receive SMS notifications.
By opting into SMS alerts, you authorize Spherion to send you text messages regarding employment opportunities and information, including job alerts, assignment updates, interview updates, referral program updates, weather alerts and reminders for upcoming events and services. You acknowledge that such messages may be sent by an automatic telephone dialing system. Additionally, by opting in, you acknowledge that you are at least 16 years of age and are either the wireless account subscriber or have the permission of the wireless account subscriber to send and receive text messages under these Terms and Conditions.
You may discontinue texts at any time, by replying “STOP” from your mobile device. You can also contact Spherion and request to have your number opted out by calling Spherion’s Call Center at 1-888-218-4417. After opting out, you will not receive any additional messages, unless you opt back in.
Message frequency may vary based on your settings.
Mobile User Fees
Spherion does not charge any user fees to send or receive text messages, but message & data rates may apply from your carrier.
To get help, reply “HELP” to any message you receive from Spherion. You can also reach Spherion’s Call Center at 1-888-218-4417.
Mobile User Privacy
U.S. Mobile Carriers Supported
Participating carriers (subject to change): AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost
Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless
(EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast
Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless),
Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW
Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless
(Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos,
Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP
Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central
(WCC or 5 Star Wireless). Wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered message.
Spherion will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with our SMS Gateway. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator.