Candidate Matching and Services for Candidates
We use innovative HR technologies that help us digitize and enhance a variety of recruitment-related processes. Some of these technologies use artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning techniques.
For example, we use chatbots to improve your candidate experience. Chatbots give you the opportunity to answer questions based on the requirements of the job you apply for. This is a user-friendly way to:
- provide us with relevant information that may not be readily apparent from your application, profile or resume.
- know promptly whether your skills meet a job’s essential requirements and, if not, to easily explore other jobs or to identify gaps in their skillset.
- answer at any moment convenient to the user.
As part of the larger recruitment process, HR technologies allow us to connect candidates more quickly to our consultants. This, in turn, allows our consultants to better support candidates in exploring jobs and to deliver the right candidates more quickly to our clients. HR technologies also allow our consultants to find people based not only on the jobs they qualify for but also on the basis of jobs they are interested in.
Improving the Client Experience
HR technologies help us to search through a broader and more diverse set of candidates so that we become even better at finding the best talent with the most relevant skill-set for our clients.
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique "web beacon pixel" to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails, wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
Responsible Use of HR Technologies
Spherion is committed to the ethical and responsible use of innovative HR technologies (you can read our AI principles here).
We strive to involve human beings whenever we make decisions that significantly impact you. If, in exceptional cases, we were to make such decisions based on a fully automated process (i.e. without involvement of humans), we will only do so where that is permitted by law and after having notified you.
To ensure all candidates are treated fairly we take steps to avoid bias where we use HR technologies. For example:
- We regularly test the output created by these technologies to identify potential bias.
- We regularly obtain expert advice to continuously improve the way in which we identify and remove bias.
- Both our consultants and our search and match algorithms are thoroughly trained and always work together.