Unfortunately, you might encounter someone posing as a Spherion recruiter when looking for a job. Job scammers often ask for money or sensitive personal information, such as your social security number or bank account number, before offering you a job or before you start working.
If you're talking with someone, especially over text or messaging app, who asks for this information, do not give it to them. It is a scam, and they will use your info to commit fraud or identity theft against you.
Our staff will never:
- Ask for your personal or financial information or IDs before offering you employment with Spherion.
- Require you to pay money for our placement services, training, or equipment as part of our application process.
- Pressure you into taking a position that does not match your skills.
- Ask for payment for work visas or related legal paperwork.
- Require you to recruit other employees as a condition of employment or to be paid well.
Learn more about employment scams and what to do if you think you've been scammed. If you are contacted by someone claiming to be from Spherion who exhibits any of the behaviors above, please call our office at 281-724-7020 to report them.